Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fun with cooking

I couldn't really call myself very domestic in the past. I love cooking however and have been trying new and healthier ways to cook. I mentioned in a previous post that we bought bok choy and didn't know what to do with it. We ended up stir frying it...I am sure you all have been on pins and needles for months waiting to hear that. It was good. Last week we bought a spaghetti squash (which we had never had) and made a spaghetti squash bake with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. You all should try this. It is a whole, healthy, and delicious meal. We both enjoyed it. I have also started making Ruby's baby food. So far carrots and avocado. I get to use my new food processor that I got for Christmas to puree the food and freeze it in ice cube trays to use later. I feel very domestic doing this and enjoy knowing exactly what is going into Ruby's belly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so do you just throw those 3 ingredients in dish and bake. I've never seen squash bake?!

Lorie Crandall said...

Do you have a recipe for the spaghetti squash bake?

Laffin's said...

cut open the squash long ways. scrape out the seeds. cook it in the microwave. after that just scrape out the insides of the squash with a fork. it will come out in strings like spaghetti. it is amazing. we just put it in a baking dish, added some spinach to it and topped it off with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella and baked it. i think you can find exact times and temperatures if you google it.

Tina said...

I LOVE YOUR RING!!! very NICE!! I love the picture of Ruby. I can't believe 7 months, eating solids, she will be walking soon. I haven't left a message in so long because I didn't remember how to use this thing. We are thinking about y'all. Glad to see you are so domestic!!! You are a good cook. I am going to try the spaghetti casserole!