Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Time CSA

We started getting our vegetables and fruits from the farmer whom we are in a CSA (community supported agriculture) with about 3 weeks ago. We are splitting a 1/2 bushel (each week) with our friends The Wallaces. The picture below is from a few weeks ago...right now lots of greens, root veggies, and strawberries are in season. It has been a challenge to figure out how to cook some of these foods but it has also been fun. I have actually been cooking a lot more now that I am feeling better. I did find a pretty good recipe for kale that I used a couple of weeks ago. Picture below. I didn't use garlic but instead used this garlic like stuff that we got from the farmer. We can never remember what it is called...after googling...garlic scapes. We used those instead of garlic and it came out pretty good. We have also been LOVING all the strawberries. This morning Ruby and I enjoyed strawberry pancakes! Yum! We are loving eating so healthy and we love that our friends Luke and Katherine work at the farm. They tell us all about the foods they give us each week.