Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Recipes

We have been cooking a lot more this month and have tried out some pretty good recipes that we can share with ya'll.

Chicken salad Dijon with grapes and apples- This was a healthy alternative to mayonnaise based chicken salad. I didn't add the celery and used Greek yogurt and it was great.

If you haven't tried Taco Soup you should go make it today. Delish! I kind of followed this recipe but instead of white beans I used chili beans cause that is what I had. I didn't have the ranch packet either so I didn't put it in and it still worked. I actually made this in the crock pot but I don't remember where I got the recipe so this link will do.

I love cooking with my crock pot and here are some of the crock pot recipes I have tried this month:

I made this Crockpot Pasta Fagioli recipe a couple of times and it turned out great too. I used tortellini as the pasta once and ditalini as the pasta once and both were tasty. I made it vegetarian one time and the other time I added ground turkey. I preferred adding the ground turkey.

We tried this loose meat sandwich recipe in the crock pot and it wasn't our favorite. It tasted okay but we probably won't make it again.

These Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches were super easy and delicious. We used the leftover meat on our nachos a few days later.

This week I am going to try Zucchini Enchiladas and Slow Cooked Sweet Barbacoa Pork. Let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think.

1 comment:

Marc and Gretchen said...

I'm big into crock pot cooking lately too. I got a REALLY easy recipe from my weight watchers recipe: buy a can of lite or sugar free apple pie filling & put it in the crock pot. Add 3-4 pork cutlets/chops. Top with 1/2 a bottle of honey bbq sauce. 7-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. This is my new 'go to' recipe when I make meals for people at church. Cook some rice, steam some veggies & you've got a meal! :) I've gotten rave reviews so far!