Sunday, April 21, 2013

Recipes

It has been a while since I listed my meal plan so I thought I would just do a quick round up of what I have been cooking...if I can remember everything that is.

Marina's Primal Zuppa Toscana Soup - this was a paleo version of the Olive Garden Soup.  I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.  The recipe says the bacon is optional but...really?  really, is it?  I think not.  Great soup.  I will make it again.

Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nuggets - Big Success 

Kale and Egg Bake- I got inspiration for this recipe from a blog that I found called Primal Green.  Here is the link to the recipe.  I actually just sauteed some kale with garlic for a few minutes then transferred it to a baking dish.  I topped it with chopped cherry tomatoes and avocados.  Lastly, I cracked some eggs on top and baked it until the eggs were done.  I ate it along with my girls and it was a hit!

BBQ Crockpot Chicken- I also mixed in some Dijon mustard and diced tomatoes.  YUM

BBQ Beef Brisket-  This was AH-MAZE-ING.  Go right now to your local farmer and buy a grassfed beef brisket and make this.  You will not be disappointed.

Iced Vanilla Bean Latte - I made this when I needed a little pick me up one afternoon and it did the trick.

Almond Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins - Yes, it does have a long name because I had to sub a few things due to not using eggs, reducing carbs, and adding pumpkin.  Here is the original recipe before I changed everything around.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

yum. These look so good. I love your meal plans and I am inspired even with Mike being our primary cook.