Monday, October 22, 2007
Stay at Home Mom
I am now officially a stay at home mom. My last day at Maryhurst (my place of employment for the past 5 years www.maryhurst.org) was on the 10th of October. Like many things it was bittersweet...I haven't been there since July so it has been a little weird but I saw many of my co-workers last week and was able to say goodbye. So far I love staying at home. I am trying to be patient with my 6 week old and not rush her into trying to fit perfectly into my schedule. I have always wanted to stay at home once I had kids and God has blessed Brian and I to be able to do this. It is not going to be easy financially but it is worth it. We are already figuring out ways to tighten our budget...goodbye YMCA membership...goodbye daily coffee shop visits...goodbye blockbuster online...goodbye eating out so much...and possibly goodbye 2nd car. Yep, Brian got into a wreck last week and we have decided to go down to one car for awhile. We are going to see how we get by and hopefully save some money. Luckily, we live in the city so I can get out and about without a car (walking). Also, on the days that I need a car Brian can ride the bus. Whatever happens we know that God will provide for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Congratulations! You can always work later but Ruby will only be little once so enjoy her.
Sorry to hear about the accident and loss of the car. I assume Brian is ok.
I am so excited that you can stay home Tera. That's where my jealousy of you comes in :) Only a couple more years til Marc is done with school though...
Good luck with that...You never know, you might get to do those things again when Ruby gets a little older.
Post a Comment