I am writing all this to say...I AM NESTING or at least I am desiring to nest but due to my lack of organizational skills I am struggling to even know where to start. For those of you who are not pregnant or don't really talk about this stuff...nesting is usually a time in pregnancy when a woman starts getting her home (aka Nest) ready for the new baby. She cleans, organizes, finishes projects, throws things away etc. to get the place ready for her growing family. I don't know if there is any sort of research behind all this but, I can testify that it is a real drive in us pregos. This picture is the epitome of how I want my house/life to look. I love it. I love the cleanliness, organization, and cuteness of this space. I got this pic from Organize Magazine website. Check out the article...good solutions for keeping your home clutter free.

I not only want to clean and organize but I also want to make things. I want to sew and do crafty projects (neither of which is my forte). I seem to constantly have ideas in my head about how I want to change my house, what I want to throw away, and things I want to make. I have a few projects that I am working towards (with the help of my husband) that hopefully will come out awesome and not ugly.
These are a couple of pics of different fabrics that I am coveting for my living room project:

This is fabric called Chestnut Branches in Lichen - Chestnut Hill Collection by Joel Dewberry that I found on Etsy.

This one I also found on Etsy and it is a fabric by Alexander Henry. I have a couple other fabrics I am looking at for this project too...not sure which I will choose.
I also want to make these little bean bags for Ruby to play with.
Now that I posted all this maybe I will finish or begin some of them!
P.S. This post is for Smith who said I need to blog more often.




1 comment:
Hi Tera,
This is Connie, Brian's mom. It is pretty impossible to be super organized when you have nowhere to put things. When you have a house that is really small, and Brian's dresser serves as storage for more than one purpose-- which occupies a portion of your main hallway. It would be nicer if you could easily get to the laundry room when Ruby is asleep... but you can't. And then it is important to take a nap if YOU need one.
I am just trying to remind you that you don't have much to work with. I think you do pretty well. Don't be so hard on yourself.
I think I might have some fabric laying around that is similar to the fabric you are hoping for. I'll look and bring it. I could also bring the sewing machine when I come. Let me know.
Connie
Post a Comment