Monday, February 8, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

Monday- Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. Although I am usually all about making stuff from scratch, I have come to appreciate the convenience of buying it already made. That being said, we have been loving this V8 tomato soup:


Tuesday- Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Goat Cheese Very excited to try this recipe.

Wednesday- Spicy Chicken with Peanut Sauce over rice (thanks to my friend Beth for this recipe)

Thursday- Hamburgers, Greens, and Potato's (I found a great deal on organic lean ground beef at Kroger this week)

Friday- Pasta with Broccoli

Saturday- Out to Eat

Sunday- Tortellini Soup with Vegetables and Pesto (this is a great recipe from my friend Kristyn's cookbook) If you want this recipe just send me a message...it really is great!

Last week the only new recipe I made was the Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf. I highly recommend this one...we will be making it again for sure.

2 comments:

erin said...

ok we may need to talk

'cause i need some o' these recipes

AND

more importantly...

i need to understand how you budget for these items. I feel like if I try to make that much of a variety of meals (and i know it's a little different/more expensive sometimes to cook as a single gal)i end up spending $1000 on groceries.

Laffin's said...

Erin,
these recipes were pretty awesome. I feel ya on spending too much when trying to have a variety. Lately I have tried to buy only what is on sale and use coupons which has helped. It is hard and takes a lot of prep time but I am getting a little better at it. The key is to plan your meals around what is on sale. I did that mostly and stayed within my budget.