Thanks to a little nudge from my friend Beth ;), here is my menu plan for the week:
Monday- Dinner with our community group...we made Spanish rice...the rice a roni kind. fancy I know.
Tuesday- Salmon Patties, Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Wednesday- Shrimp Gumbo with Cornbread (my parents got me a gumbo mix from Savannah)
Thursday- My friend Leslie gave me this recipe in one of those recipe exchange forwards over email:
Black Beans and Rice
2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 cup salsa
1 can diced tomatoes
You can add chicken or ground beef if desired. (at this point in the week we are pretty much out of meat so won't be using any)
garlic (1 tablespoon diced)
lemon juice (1-2 tablespoons)
lime juice(1-2 tablespoons)
add water if too thick for your taste (about 1/2 to 1 cup)
Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 8 hours so flavors meld. Serve over white or brown rice with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro with tortilla chips.
Friday- We are headed to visit Brian's parents in Bowling Green
Recipe Reviews:
All the recipes that I listed on my last meal plan a few weeks ago were great. I would make any of them again.
Last week I made this great recipe that my friend Beth sent me called Falafel with Avocado Spread and it was yummy. Met the approval of my husband as well.
We also attempted these Stuffed Cabbage Rolls last week. They were tasty but after my umpteenth attempt at stuffing cabbage leaves I have decided that it is not for me. Too much work and my leaves usually fall apart.
Here is another one we tried, Scalloped Potatoes and Hamburger. I can't say that I am very proud of this recipe...it pretty much broke my rule of always having something green at the table. I was trying to use what we had and this recipe fit the bill. It was really good and Brian loved it but like I said...not real good for ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm inspired. Some days I just get stuck in a rut with my cooking and that means leftover central. I'm so glad the falaffel got an approval!
Post a Comment