Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Foods and Recipes

We recently had the joy of tasting our first kohlrabi from our CSA! It was one of those foods that made us say "where have you been all of our lives" (spaghetti squash made us say that a few years ago). It was such a tasty snack and added a lot to our salad. We just ate it raw but if you have any other suggestions on how we should eat it please let us know. We will be eating more in the future.

I have tried 2 new recipes over the past couple of weeks. I made Crock Pot Split Pea Soup that really was good and was husband approved (I always know he approves when he has seconds and/or will take it for lunch the next day). I really don't like peas but I thought this one sounded good.

I also made my friend Cecilia The Pioneer Woman's Sleepin In Omelet after she had a new baby. I am not going to pretend like this is healthy because it isn't but it was tasty especially to a tired woman who just had a baby.

I really want to get back to meal planning and I think I will this week. Don't hold me to that however.

1 comment:

erin said...

Talk to Katherine groce about a good kohlrabi recipe. She made us something with it when we lived together and I can't remember exactly what it was but I remember loving it.