Saturday, August 11, 2012

Meal Plan...Last Week

I actually made a meal plan this past week and mostly stuck to it.  We were fortunate to get some very tasty heirloom tomatoes from Brian's parents and we also hit up the Bowling Green farmers market.  I am starting to trade meal plans with a couple of friends for inspiration and accountability so hopefully I will post here more often.

creamy broccoli soup with bread (this was really great and really healthy, no cream)
http://www.wholeliving.com/
130293/creamy-broccoli-white-bean-soup

crockpot chicken (chicken broth with heirloom tomatoes) and minty chickpea salad with couscous and tomatoes
http://www.realsimple.com/
food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/minty-chickpea-salad-couscous-10000001639803/index.html

Tostadas (fish (tilapia), refried beans, cheese, lettuce)

bean soup and cornbread & salad

cabbage and sausage with honey roasted sweet potatoes ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/
recipes/ellie-krieger/honey-roasted-sweet-potatoes-recipe/index.html)
 and roasted veggies (zucchini, tomato's, peppers and garlic).  This seems like a lot but it was basically leftover stuff from the farmers market that I threw together.  Brian loved the honey/olive oil/lemon mixture I put on the sweet potatoes.

We also made these the other day: Garlic Grilled Tomatoes
http://prouditaliancook.
blogspot.com/2012/05/let-grilling-begin.html

No comments: