Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recipes and 3 to the 4

It is kind of strange that today I am 34 years old.  I feel older and yet like I am still 18 years old all at the same time.  It has been a great day full of friends and family, good food, spa time and coffee.

I have been on a new eating adventure (as I like to call it) for about 12 days now called Paleo.  I signed up to do a 30 day challenge on the Wellness Mama Blog.  This is a great website with lots of information if you are interested in reading more.  Basically, I am grain, dairy, processed foods, legumes, refined sugar and processed oils free (on top of being egg free and peanut free due to Caius' allergies).  I am adding more grass fed pature raised meats, nuts, delicious organic vegetables and fruits to my diet.  I am cooking with coconut oil and sometimes bacon grease from quality bacon.  I am snacking on blueberries, pumpkin seeds and larabars.  I am drinking water, some coffee and kombucha.  I am feeling great and excited about these changes and the new healthy foods my family is eating.  Here are some of the recipes I have already tried and approve:

To start off, tonight we made some desserts for my  birthday and they were delicious!

Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain, egg, and dairy free)

Vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownies

along with Banana "Ice Cream"--simply take some frozen bananas, cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut milk and blend it all together!

Here are some yummy dinners I have made

Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Arugula Salad

Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie

Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, Avocado and Lime

 Bacon Beef Butternut Squash

Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup

A few sides

Roasted Sweet Potato and Apple Mash

Roasted Carrot Whip



No comments: