Friday, August 1, 2008

Countdown to 1 year


Ruby is turning 1 in a little over a month. I loved what my friend Sarah did on her blog by taking a look back at her daughters 1st year. So, this month you will be enjoying or enduring a new mother reminiscing about her daughter's first year.
In the above picture Ruby is 2 days old and just got to her new home. She was 4 pounds 10 oz when we brought her home. I can't believe they let us take such a tiny baby out of the hospital. We had to keep her wrapped up in 2 blankets and 2 hats because she didn't have enough fat to keep her body temperature up (remember she was 4.5 weeks early). Although I was pretty tired I remember this day well. It took us awhile to pack Ruby in her car seat because we didn't really know how to work it and she was actually under the weight limit for the seat. This was the day that she met her Grandpa and Grandma Laffin too.

No comments: