Monday, September 22, 2008
Birthday Cake
For Ruby's birthday I made her a number 1 carrot cake. I bought those sparkly letters at Michael's and just glued toothpicks on them. It has that homemade look to it but that is what I like about it. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested ( i went vegan to make it healthier; and because brian is allergic to eggs; and because we have vegan friends who then could eat it):
Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups finely-shredded carrots
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 egg substitute (Ener-G)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions
1Grease and flour a 10" X 9" or square cake pan.
2Stir together dry ingredients.
3Mix in the carrots, egg subs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla.
4Beat about 2-3 minutes , until well mixed.
5Stir in the nuts, if used.
6Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7Cool on a wire rack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
yay! you blogged about the cake! I am totally going to steal that idea from you if you don't mind :)
oh, you can totally steal it. i got the idea sort of from a magazine...just couldn't afford my own pretty letters so we made our own
Oh I am pumped to try this cake! Thanks for the recipe!
Well, I can't consider him to actually be walking, but he's sure trying hard!
Post a Comment