Thursday, September 18, 2008
Thankful Thursdays
Today I am thankful that we have power. Sunday Hurricane Ike made it's way up to Louisville with 75 mph winds. Over 300,000 people in the metro area have been without power. The public schools have been closed all week and many people haven't gone to work. It isn't anywhere near the damage that Texas saw...only an inconvenience to us. We were without power on Tuesday for about 8 hours. We have given our leftover fridge/freezer space to a friend and offered our home to anyone that we think might need it. I tried to find a picture but only ended up finding some really lame youtube video with some 90's rock in the background.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am thankful for power, too. We were spoiled here. We only went without for 4 hours. The best part was that Pat's work hasn't had power all week, so my husband got to stay home this week with us. He does have to go in tomorrow. Oh well, I guess I'm thankful for his job, too.
that is awesome that Pat got to stay home all week. Brian didn't have any problems with power at his work. :(
Post a Comment