Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Meal Plan

Monday- Roasted Autumn Vegetable Soup (this is another recipe that I can post if anyone wants it). It is a squash soup with parsnips, onion, and herbs.

Tuesday- Fish Tacos and corn that I didn't make last week

Wednesday- Sloppy Buffalo Joes (made these before but this time I am going to use chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot) with pickled slaw salad (this is an awesome cole slaw that is in my Rachel Ray Yum-O cookbook, couldn't find it on the web...if you want the recipe let me know.) and maybe green beans

Thursday- Roasted Bell Peppers Stuffed with Quinoa (and I am going to add lentils). Thanks to Brian's' mom who gave us some frozen bell peppers

Friday- Cabbage and Andouille Chicken Sausages

Saturday- Linguine with a shrimp cream sauce (from my seafood cookbook) and spinach

Sunday- Baked Potato, Broccoli, and Chicken Breast (in the crock pot)

Review from last week: I LOVED the Lentil and Chicken Stew (although I accidently put celery salt in it and it didn't call for celery salt). We will make that one again. The vegan pumpkin pancakes didn't turn out but that was my fault. We didn't totally stick to our meal plan last week due to getting sick and snowed/iced in but we did manage to make these awesome iced pumpkin cookies that we recommend.

On another note...Whole Foods peanut butter was recalled this week.

Guess what happened to me last week when I ate Whole Foods peanut butter...got horribly sick. I assumed it was the peanut butter but was in denial...I just kept thinking "surely not Whole Foods" but alas, yes, Whole Foods was struck. So, even without my peanut butter (i of course threw it away as soon as i got sick) or my receipt, I still got a refund. That was nice..so, don't eat your peanut butter from Whole Foods, take it back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy this week. What day do I get invited?