Monday, July 26, 2010

Meal Plan

This week we are having light meals. My husband requested light meals that wouldn't make him tired so this is our plan

Monday- Chicken Salad Sandwiches (this recipe looks great because it doesn't call for mayo which Brian can't eat) and veggies

Tuesday- Vegetable Soup with Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches

Wednesday-Cucumber, Hummus and Tomato Sandwiches with whatever veggies we get from our farmer

Thursday- Chicken and Avocado Soup with Rice

Friday- Black Beans and Rice

Saturday- Fillet Mignon (we found this on sale tonight) with some concoction I think up involving vegetables that we get from the farmer

Recipe Review from last meal plan

All the new recipes I tried were great even if I didn't follow them exactly. The caesar salad ended up being a oil and vinegar salad with fresh basil and other fresh veggies that I had. It was great.

2 comments:

joanna lonneman said...

I'm so excited! I have a bunch of cooked chicken breasts in the fridge and a husband who also wants lighter meals!!! I am totally going to try that soup.

joanna lonneman said...

We had the chicken and avocado soup for dinner tonight, and it was REALLY good. Since we're watching our portion sizes, we will have the other half on Friday. We're both looking forward to it! Thanks for the link to that website. I think we'll be using it a lot.