Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Meal Plan

Monday- We are eating dinner with our community group and I am making a butternut squash dip with bread. It only has garlic, pesto, cheese, and butternut squash and is delicious.

Tuesday-
Lemon Herb Roasted Salmon with roasted vegetables and brown rice

Wednesday-
Kitchen Sink Soup with salad

Thursday- We are babysitting from 6-8 so we will probably have vegetable stir fry with chicken

Friday-
Lentil and Chicken Stew with cornbread

Saturday- We have a wedding

Sunday-
Chicken and Rice Casserole I have actually had this on the meal plan for a couple of weeks but haven't made it. got the idea from my friend Kathleen

5 comments:

Marc and Gretchen said...

So how do you make that squash dip? sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

I love all the ideas!! I've never had squash dip. I bought stuff for black bean dip this week, but squash dip sounds great!!!

Lorie Crandall said...

yum. the chicken & rice cass. looks good.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a yummy week! I wish I could come over and partake is some of those yummy sounding soups you make :)

Laffin's said...

Gretchen,
Julie actually gave me the butternut squash dip.
-Cook a butternut squash (either bake it or cut in cubes and boil)
-Puree it in food processor or blender with about 7 garlic cloves
-Layer it in a baking dish like this: butternut squash mixture, pesto, cheese (i use parmeson and mozzerella)
-bake it till it is warm and the cheese is melted
-eat it with bread or whatever.